Mississippi House Sponsorship Change
Recently the sponsorship of the Mississippi House changed from Post #4272 in Columbus, Mississippi, to the VFW Department of Mississippi.
Constructed in 1929, the Mississippi House was originally called the Michigan Unit. At the time of its completion, the first National Home residents moved into the home.
The little farmhouse that had previously housed the family was then used to house farmhands.
The VFW Department of Michigan sponsored the home, ultimately called Michigan 2, until 2013, when sponsorship was then taken on by the VFW Department of Mississippi Post #4272.
We are so glad that the VFW members from Mississippi are continuing to support the Mississippi House! Sponsorship represents a strong commitment to the National Home, and it is critical to our ability to serve struggling families.